Marriage Visa

Thai Marriage Visa

Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly apply for a Thai Marriage Visa. Certain processes have to be followed before your visa is issued. Please ensure that you adhere to all specific requirements during the application process, as insufficient evidence or information may lead to an unsuccessful application attempt.

90-day or 1-Year Non-Immigrant O visa

To go through the process, either a 90-day or 1-Year Non-Immigrant O visa must be obtained from a Thai embassy in a country other than Thailand before applying for a Thai Marriage Visa. Our legal team will gladly help you through the process.

Types of Thai Visa

Tourist Visa

  • Valid for 60 days
  • Can either be a multiple or single-entry
  • Can be extended for up to another 30 days by means of a visa run
  • Can convert to a Non-Immigrant Visa

Non-Immigrant Visa

  • Valid for 90 days
  • Single entry
  • Can be extended your stay by doing a visa run going to the border or a nearby city/country
  • Obtaining a work permit and opening a bank account is possible

One-Year Non-Immigrant Visa

  • Valid for 1 year
  • Multiple Entry
  • Allowed to stay 90 days per entry
  • Have to go to the border and have visa stamped at the immigration (visa run) every 90 days

Marriage Visa and Retirement Visa

There is no direct application for these 2 visa types. The process required special financial requirements for the application and you must simply married to a Thai National. Otherwise, if you want a Retirement Visa in Thailand, you need to be 50 years old or above.

The process is as follows:

  • Obtain a non-immigrant visa
  • Convert the non-immigrant visa to either a Marriage Visa in Thailand or a Retirement Visa

These are the visa types that will allow you to stay in Thailand for the whole 1 year (renewable) without going to the border or not leaving the kingdom at all.

Business Visa

This visa is specially designed for people who want to do business legally in Thailand. It is also known as Non-Immigrant Business Visa. You can get a work permit, and open a bank account however you still need to do a visa run every 90 days.

Permanent Resident Visa

To qualify for this visa, you must have stayed in Thailand for 3 consecutive with the one-year visa extensions. If you are married to a Thai for 5 years, you must be earning 30,000 Baht/month. If you are single, at least your monthly income should be 80,000 Baht. You just simply present your three years of personal tax statements proving the above-stated income requirements to qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa in Thailand.

Marriage documents | Long Stay Visa | Spouse Visa

Want to send query now?

+66 (0) 76 530 597